Medium-Term Goals and Medium-Term Plans
Medium-term goals are set on the course of action for the academic and business management of NCU by Mayor of Nagoya City (university establishment body) for each 6-year term (currently third term: April 2018 to March 2024) after NCU was reorganized into a prefectural and municipal university corporation. NCU has established specific actions to attain the medium-term goals. Furthermore, NCU has set up plans for each academic/fiscal year (annual plans) to steadily carry out the medium-term plans.
Outline of the Medium-Term Goals and Medium-Term Plans (Major Actions)
Aiming to be the pride and love of all citizens of Nagoya, NCU will do the following:
- Produce excellent human resources who can contribute to local communities and international society, and lead the next generation
- Focus on research issues related to the improvement of health and welfare, the investigation of life phenomena, economic and industrial development, urban policy and urban renewal, support for child-raising, promotion of internationalization, development of cultural and the art, etc.
- Further strengthen the broad-ranging cooperation with citizens and Nagoya City as a university open to the community to contribute to the resolution of problems in local communities and public administration, and also play a core role in the development of community medical care and actively contribute to the promotion of life-time education
To promote these activities with the understanding of citizens, NCU will actively provide information and fulfill its accountability obligations. On the other hand, NCU will strengthen the autonomy and flexibility of its operating structure, and work on the improvement of its financial condition to strengthen its management foundation.
- Promotion of the shift to active and subjective studies
- Securement of the quality of university education through the systematization of the curriculum, the visualization of study accomplishments, the strict assessment of performance, etc.
- Provision of university-wide and effective language education in cooperation with liberal arts education and specialized education
- Implementation of educational and research guidance to cultivate advanced knowledge and research capability
- Further promotion of the internationalization of graduate school education
- Promotion of the interdisciplinary education taking advantage of the unique features of a university with plural schools and faculties
Education Implementation System
- Establishment of a new system for promoting university-wide educational reform
- Establishment of a joint system beyond the framework of medical science and pharmaceutical science
- Establishment of a system of recurrent education
- Review of the education implementation system toward the interdisciplinary and cross-sectoral promotion of education and research
- Formulation of the concept of educational facilities
Support for Students
- Expansion of financial support for students, and enrichment of support for students with disabilities
- Provision of job-hunting guidance to undergraduate students from earlier stages
- Improvement of the progressive research related to dementia, developmental disorders, etc.
- Establishment of the Urban Policy Research Center (tentative name) for making policy recommendations to resolve various problems unique to cities
- Promotion of internationally high-level research activities through the establishment of a cross-sectoral research system and collaboration with off-campus bodies, etc.
- Improvement of the research environment by promoting the joint use of university-wide research facilities and flexible positioning of faculty members
- Assistance for research activities by young faculty members and female faculty members through the allocation of research funding and maintenance of research environment, etc.
- Provision of appealing open lectures, and construction of a system to raise the interest of citizens
- Provision of local junior and senior high school students with opportunities to experience the advanced education and research of university
- Engagement in measures to vitalize medical care, industry and regions, etc. through collaboration with administrative policy, industry and other universities
- Strategic promotion of the formation of networks with overseas universities, including the establishment of overseas base institutions
- Dispatch of faculty members to overseas countries, acceptance of researchers from overseas countries, and support for international joint research, etc.
- Promotion of multicultural coexistence through international exchange among students, foreign researchers and the local community
- Fulfillment of the role as an advanced acute care hospital and advanced treatment hospital through maintenance of the system and hospital facilities, medical equipment, etc.
- Promotion of clinical research, such as advanced medical care and clinical trials
- Strengthening of the system, facilities and equipment related to emergency medical care and disaster medical care
- Furthering of the cooperation with local medical institutions and nursing facilities, and implementation of the cultivation of human resources and multi-occupational cooperation
- Strengthening of the cultivation system for human resources from clinical trainees to medical specialists
Administration Management and Others
- Strengthening of the governance functions by the Chairman
- Increase of the number of high-level female faculty members (professors, associate professors) through the maintenance of a working environment in which they can balance education and research activities with childbirth, childcare and caregiving
- Execution of the budget in a proper manner conscious of management improvement
- Reduction of costs through promotion of the joint use of equipment, consolidation of subcontracting, etc