Municipal University Corporation Nagoya City University ("NCU") recognizes its primary obligation to appropriately protect personal information. In order to fulfill this obligation, NCU strictly observes the laws for personal information protection, the ordinances of Nagoya City for personal information protection and other relevant laws and regulations, and treats personal information based on the following policy:
1 Limitation to Possession and Acquisition
- (1) NCU defines the clerical purpose for treating specific personal information in possessing it, and possesses the personal information within the scope of possession necessary to fulfill the purpose.
- (2) When acquiring any personal information, NCU acquires it directly from the subject (person in question) by taking appropriate and fair means.
- (3) NCU does not acquire any personal information related to thought, credo or religion or issues that could cause social segregation.
2. Appropriate Maintenance and Management
- (1) NCU maintains the personal information in its possession to be in the most precise and up-to-date state within the scope necessary to fulfill the clerical purpose for treating such personal information.
- (2) NCU takes measures necessary for appropriately managing personal information in its possession against leaks, losses or damages.
- (3) NCU disposes of/deletes all personal information in its possession when it deems unnecessary for further possession.
3. Actions Related to Limitation to Unintended Use or Provision and Entrustment
- (1) As a rule, NCU does not use any personal information in its possession within campus or provide it outside of NCU for any unintended purposes other than for the clerical purpose of treating the personal information.
- (2) When entrusting any personal information in its possession to the outside of NCU, NCU takes measures necessary for protecting such personal information.
4. Claim for Disclosure, Correction, Deletion and Cessation of Use or Provision
- (1) The personal information pertaining to the subject in the possession of NCU may claim for its disclosure against NCU.
- (2) If the subject recognizes any error in the contents of his/her personal information disclosed to him/her at his/her claim, the subject is entitled to claim its correction against NCU.
- (3) If the subject recognizes that his/her personal information is in the possession of NCU or has been acquired by NCU against the "limitation to possession and acquisition" hereof, the subject may claim the deletion of his/her personal information or the cessation of use thereof against NCU.
- (4) If the subject recognizes that his/her personal information has been provided by NCU against the "limitation to unintended use or provision" hereof, the subject is entitled to claim the cessation of provision of his/her personal information.
For Inquiries regarding the handling of personal information:
Municipal University Corporation Nagoya City University
Attn: Office Affairs Sect., General Affairs Div., Administration Office
Operating hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Mondays to Fridays (excluding national holidays, year-end and New-Year holidays).