News & Topics
Feb.27【International Students】 About Novel Coronavirus
For International Students
About Travel restrictions against the Novel Coronavirus, COVID-19,
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japanese government has issued the alert to stop traveling to Hubei Province , Wenzhou City in Zhejiang Province in China, Daegu or North Gyeongsang Province Cheongdo County in Korea , due to COVID-19,
Please avoid non-essential Travel to those areas. Students who will plan to go overseas, please inform to the International Exchange Center by submitting "Notification form of temporary home visit / overseas travel" . And please get the adequate information about your travel destination to prevent the infection.
Students returning from the travel restriction area should be aware of the symptoms, especially during the two weeks after returning home.
If you have any of the following symptoms, please consult with the consultation center for people with potential exposure to COVID-19:
- You have had cold symptoms or a fever of 37.5°C or over for four days or more.
(including when you need to continue to take an antipyretic)
- You have a strong feeling of weariness (fatigue) or shortness of breath (difficulty breathing).
* Please also consult with the consultation center if you are a senior citizen or have an underlying disease, and you have had the symptoms mentioned above for about two days.
If the consultation center suspects that you have been infected with the virus, it will introduce you to a medical institution where medical services for people with potential exposure to COVID-19 are available. Please visit the medical institution, wearing a facemask, and refrain from using public transportation.
Information in English:
• Notice concerning the new coronavirus-related pneumonia
• World Health Organization (WHO)
• Centers for Disease Control (CDC)