The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) offers scholarships to international students who wish to study at Japanese universities.
There are three main categories of MEXT Scholarship program (Research students*) which Nagoya City University accepts.
|Eligibility||Applicant, not residing in Japan, who will be able to arrive in Japan prior to the enrollment period as a graduate-level student and are under 35 years of age.||Those who have already enrolled the graduate course at NCU and are under 35 years of age.|
Master's students: 144,000JPY
|Master's students: 144,000JPY
Doctoral students: 145,000JPY
|School Fees||Examination, admission and tuition fees are exempted||Tuition fees are exempted|
|Airfares||One round-trip ticket provided||Return ticket will be provided|
*Research students mean "graduate students" and "research students (non-degree)".
Referred URL: Study in JAPAN Comprehensive Guide
For University Recommendation, Nagoya City University (NCU) screens the applications of students who are from partner universities and selects candidates to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) as research students.
Prior to submitting application materials to NCU, please contact NCU faculty member whom you would like to have as a supervisor, and consult him/her about your application.
(1)Schedule for 2019
|January-February||Screening by Graduate School|
|Screening by Nagoya City University|
|Mid-March||Apply to MEXT through Nagoya City University|
|June||Notification of Results from MEXT|
|June-August||Admission and Immigration|
|September-||Arrival in Japan|
|Research students (non-degree)to prepare for entrance exam
Master's or Doctoral students
(2)Application documents submission
- Applicants must find a supervisor at NCU before applying.
- After obtaining the supervisor's consensus, download and fill out the forms below and prepare all the required documents. *For more details about the required documents, please refer to "MEXT Scholarship Guideline (University Recommendation)"
- Completed application forms and required documents must be submitted to your supervisor by the designated deadline.
- International Affairs Office does not introduce a supervisor to an applicant.
- We will not accept any application after the deadline.
- Application documents will not be returned after submission.
International Affairs Office
Nagoya City University
※Spam mail prevention by using [at] when sending e-mail to NCU, replace 1-bite @ by [at].