Call for Part-time English Teachers(非常勤英語講師の募集)
Call for Part-time English Teachers for 2016
Nagoya City University is accepting applications for part-time English teaching positions for the 2016 school year. (Click here for a course list Word doc.) If interested, please send the following documents in Word or PDF files to Mr. Mitsuru Hiki at EngPart-timeNCU@hum.nagoya-cu.ac.jp by January 20:
(1) current CV, including the kinds of courses you have taught
(2) list of publications and presentations
(3) course list (download Word doc) indicating courses you are interested in teaching
After a review process, successful applicants will be contacted in accordance with the needs of our course schedule. We may ask the candidates for additional materials if necessary. We will complete the scheduling by early February.
- Native speaker of English
- MA or higher degree in TESL/TEFL, Humanities, or Social Sciences
- Experience teaching English at the university level or an institution of equivalent standing
- Good command of Japanese preferred
- 8,000 yen (including tax) per 90-minute class
- Transportation expenses will not be paid
- All courses will be taught on our Takiko Campus (see http://www.nagoya-cu.ac.jp/2039.htm for location)
- One course consists of one 90-minute class per week for 16 weeks in a semester (First Semester: early April - early August and/or Second Semester: late September - early February)
- Successful candidates will be provided with further information regarding the number of courses they will be assigned, course contents, textbooks, class size, etc.